Top Weaning Tips, as told by you!
9th March 2020
It can be a little scary and confusing but very exciting, when it comes to weaning your little one. It’s a journey of exploration for both them and you! We asked you to share your top weaning tips for happy and successful weaning. Here they are:
- Don’t be pressured into doing it one way or another. Baby Lead weaning, spoon feeding, purees, organic, shop bought. Whatever works best for you and your family will be best for baby.
- Freeze pre steamed/blended vegetable in ice cube trays, it’s the perfect amount for little mouths.
- Start on normal porridge and mashed consistency foods straight away at 6m! Our LB accepts all textures except smooth/runny!
- Let them try food off your plate. Keep Kiddylicious in your change bag and keep baby happy with them.
- Give whatever you eat but smaller portions cut up always have a Kiddylicious snack available just in case.
- Keep it happy. Keep it calm. Ignore the mess and let them explore.
- Lower your expectations and get a dog!
- Accept that food will always be everywhere from now on
- Batch cook meals for weaning
- Let them eat what “you’ve got” (even if it’s theirs, let them think it’s for you) My LB wants everything I have!
- Boil the kettle and fill a cup with the hot water, then pop some cherry or baby plum tomatoes in for a few seconds. Strain off the water and then easy peasy, peel the skin off, ready to chop for your little toothless-wonder to munch on!
- Just go with it! No pressure.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
How to handle your little one's fussy eating phase
How do you handle fussy eating in your baby or toddler? How do you ensure your child is getting all…
How to introduce seasonal weaning foods in spring & summer
As the seasons change and the weather gets warmer, what does that mean for our weaning journey? Kiddylicious sat down with our…
How to keep little ones hydrated in warmer weather
Keeping your baby hydrated during those warmer months is vital, and there are some key signs to look out for…
Baby teeth and why they’re so important by The Mummy Dentist
Everything you need to know about teething We’ve got all the tooth truths: from myth busters and top tips…