Top Weaning Tips, as told by you!
9th March 2020
It can be a little scary and confusing but very exciting, when it comes to weaning your little one. It’s a journey of exploration for both them and you! We asked you to share your top weaning tips for happy and successful weaning. Here they are:
- Don’t be pressured into doing it one way or another. Baby Lead weaning, spoon feeding, purees, organic, shop bought. Whatever works best for you and your family will be best for baby.
- Freeze pre steamed/blended vegetable in ice cube trays, it’s the perfect amount for little mouths.
- Start on normal porridge and mashed consistency foods straight away at 6m! Our LB accepts all textures except smooth/runny!
- Let them try food off your plate. Keep Kiddylicious in your change bag and keep baby happy with them.
- Give whatever you eat but smaller portions cut up always have a Kiddylicious snack available just in case.
- Keep it happy. Keep it calm. Ignore the mess and let them explore.
- Lower your expectations and get a dog!
- Accept that food will always be everywhere from now on
- Batch cook meals for weaning
- Let them eat what “you’ve got” (even if it’s theirs, let them think it’s for you) My LB wants everything I have!
- Boil the kettle and fill a cup with the hot water, then pop some cherry or baby plum tomatoes in for a few seconds. Strain off the water and then easy peasy, peel the skin off, ready to chop for your little toothless-wonder to munch on!
- Just go with it! No pressure.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Have you seen our latest snacks?
New Snack Alert! Melty Buttons – 9+ months Juicy Fruit Bars – 12+ months Rice Crispy Sticks – 18+ months…
Fun activities while staying at home
At Kiddylicious, we’re all about having fun and being playful! We know how easy it can be to run out…
Weaning while staying home
WEANING STAGE DURING LOCKDOWN PERIOD We are living in a period of sudden uncertainty right now, and if you have…
Award Winning Wafers
Kiddylicious’ Award Winning Wafers Our Wafers are the perfect weaning snacks for little ones from 6months+ (and beyond)! These award…